Their worlds were fused together by a single ringing of the telephone.
Kyler Jefferson was just sixteen when her family was brutally murdered. Left pregnant and alone she has been running for nearly a decade from place to place, terrified that one day they would be found by the mysterious caller with sinister intentions.
Since the deaths of his mother and sister, Caleb Hudson has been living the bachelor’s life. As a private investigator he usually handles cheating spouses and missing persons, which suits him just fine. While investigating a routine case he finds himself thrust into Kyler’s life, consumed by a profound need to protect her from a past he knows nothing about.
They are two people going down separate roads; one running for her life, the other trying to maintain what’s left of his own. How can they preserve their lives when fate has decided she has other plans?
An Unexpected Love is viewed through many different eyes.
Caleb Hudson is a Private Investigator for Hudson and Hudson. While following up on a missing person’s case, he meets Kyler Jefferson at her place of business. From that point, Kyler’s life is once again turned upside down when she receives a phone call while Caleb is there.
Caleb takes it upon himself to protect Kyler, who also is the mother of twins, Jaxson and Avaline, when events start to arise.
When Kyler’s house is blown up, the threat to their lives throws them into motion to find a safe haven.
Through every effort, Kyler and Caleb, along with his brother Liam, and their dad, Travis, they do their darnedest to keep everyone alive.
But it seems that the events that transpired ten years ago when Kyler’s parents and her little brother were murdered have come back around again to cause her to run for her life. The one person she thought she could trust is now her enemy.
The pain and devastation, love and loss that surrounds this story is evident throughout.
When Caleb and Kyler fall in love it’s met with struggling hearts but there is no denying they need each other.
This book had a great story line and was fast paced. I enjoyed the read and hope to read more from this author.
Reviewed by Rebecca
LLEP Review Team
About the Author
I was born and raised in Kentucky. I reside in Greenup County, Kentucky with my family. My debut novel, An Unexpected Love, released August 2015. I’m a single momma to my eight-year-old daughter, Jessalyn Kristine. I also take care and homeschool my autistic cousin, Aiden Sean, he’s nine years old. I love photography and seeing what I can capture through the lens! I just started plus size modeling and have been 5 or 6 pattern covers now. Both kids model as well, I suppose you can call us “One Big Modeling Family. I’m probably the biggest book whore, I know. I love books of all genres and get excited when I’m introduced to a new author. I’m often told I act like a kid in the candy shop, which I could totally see!
A few fun facts about me!!
1. Jessalyn & Aiden have to be my two most favorite people in the world!
2. I’m probably the biggest book whore there is!
3. I love music of any kind, but better yet, I love singing!
4. I hate cold/wet weather!
5. I wear at least 4 different colors at once!
6. I have the most awesome group of friends a gal can have. Jamie, Lisa, Chris, Patricia, Heather, April, Shannon, Teresa and last but certainly not least Annelle! Love you Ladies!!
7. I would love to one-day meet Alice Clayton, Christina Lauren, Kendall Ryan, Jamie McGuire, Addison Kine and so many others.
8. I’m completely addicted to Tattoos and Piercings!
9. I’m very random, and will say crazy stuff out of nowhere.
10. I can tell you every word from beginning to end of Wallbanger by Alice Clayton and One Night Series by A.M. Willard.