The gorgeous Nina Levine kindly agreed to an interview with LLEP. Nina is a very accomplished Australian erotic romance author of the following series:-
Storm MC Series
Sydney Storm MC Series
USA Today Bestselling Author Nina Levine, is an Aussie author who writes stories about alpha men and the strong, independent women they love.
When she isn’t creating with words, she loves to create with paint and paper. Often though, she can be found curled up with a good book and some chocolate.
Website & other author Links:
Be The One (Crave #2)
Interview with Nina
- What inspired you to become a published author? I have always written and dreamt of doing this for a living, however it was always the kind of dream I never thought would ever happen. When self publishing became an option, I was inspired by the personal stories of Jasinda Wilder and Colleen Hoover.
- What is your preferred genre? Romance
- Have you written in other genres or do you expect to do so in the future? I haven’t yet but I would like to one day publish a Young Adult novel.
- Do you have a favorite author which influences your work? I have favourite authors who I will always read but I wouldn’t say they influence my work. I love to read books by Patricia Cornwell, Richard North Patterson, Penny Vincenzi , Tarryn Fisher, Kristen Ashley, Tiffany Reisz & Olivia Cunning.
- Where do you find your inspiration to write? In everyday life and in lyrics. I love to take the everyday things that happen to us and weave them into the stories I write. And I find lyrics and music really get me in the right frame of mind.
- What are your best writing traits? I seriously have no idea. I just do what I do and hope it connects with readers.
- Do you have any bad writing habits you would advise new authors to avoid? LOL – procrastination ;) Unfortunately my process seems to be that I need a deadline to kick my ass and get the good stuff out of me. I can have 3 months set aside to write a book and then do most of it in the last two weeks. It almost kills me every damn time but I’ve learnt that it just seems to be my process. I highly advise against it, though!
- Is there a favorite place or time of day you like to write? I prefer not to write at night now. I used to do all my writing at night while I was still working full time but these days it kills my eyes to do it at night, plus I am exhausted by then and not much that I write will be good. I find the morning and up to lunch is my best time.
- Do you write full time or do you have a day job as well? I write full time.
- What hobbies keep you busy when you’re not working and/or writing? Sadly, I haven’t made time for hobbies since I began publishing. I absolutely love what I do and you can find me working 7 days a week. I am trying to find a better balance. I love to create – jewellery and art are the two main things I love to make. Later this year, I would like to learn how to play the guitar.
- Self-promotion is hard work, what types of promotion do you find most beneficial? Sharing teasers and snippets of upcoming books is a great way to promote your work but you have to find the right quote, not just any old line out of your book. Sexy ones are the best for re-sharing. Giveaways are good to get exposure.
- Can you share a random thought, or a favorite quote with your readers? “Not all those who wander are lost” ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
I also LOVE this poem. I will include a link to it because it is way too long to paste here: http://www.elise.com/q/webwisdom/awakening.htm
WOW! Amazing insight from Nina today, thank you so much for your thoughts and sharing your inspiration and writing tips! I personally love your work and know that I’m only one of hundreds of thousands. I appreciate your time today, and thank you for agreeing to be one of LLEP’s featured authors!