Author Name: K.T. Black
Title: Wicked Magic
Series: Spellbound Book 1
Release Date: March 2, 2015
Published By: Liquid Silver Books
Genre: Contemporary, FF, Adult Fairytale, Magic, Witches
Imagine Cinderella falling for the seductive charms of the Evil Queen. Wicked Magic is a modern retelling of an old favorite.
Magic is in the air after Chandler Gray silently wishes for her predictable work-filled life to change. When a mysterious woman, fascinated with beautiful images, moves in next door, Chandler finds herself falling under the spell of the last person she expects to make her happy. There’s just one problem: an ex-girlfriend with a grudge and the power to curse her happiness.
K.T. Black is new to writing erotic romance, and finds the genre an enjoyable challenge. She enjoys traveling and meeting interesting/eccentric people–many of whom help color the worlds she creates while writing.
- What inspired you to become a published author? It started when I was four years old. An odd child, I used to pretend I was writing books. After reading the novel Rebecca when I was twelve, I was determined one day to become a published author. I got sidetracked a little bit along the way, but continued to write stories. I just never sent them out to anyone. Recently, I decided it was time to put the fear aside, take a chance and share my stories with the world.
- What is your preferred genre? I enjoy all of them, but I must say I’ve been having fun with erotic romance. It’s been quite freeing for me as a writer. It’s the first time I’ve ever written without restriction.
- Have you written in other genres or do you expect to do so in the future? I’m kind of all over the place when it comes to genres. Besides my next erotic romance novel, I’m working on two other novels. An adult mystery/thriller/scifi, and a young adult/scifi.
- Do you have a favorite author which influences your work? I think I’m more influenced by a story than by the author as a whole. It all depends upon what I’m in the mood for at the time.
- Where do you find your inspiration to write? It comes from many places. Dreams, people I meet, from my travels, or just out of the blue.
- What are your best writing traits? I try to write every day, at least 1,000 words. Put on my headset, turn on an eclectic blend of my favorite music, and tune out the real world so I can slip into the imaginary one I’m creating.
- Do you have any bad writing habits you would advise new authors to avoid? I don’t know if it’s a bad habit or not, but I simply can’t follow an outline. Every time I set one up, I always deviate from it. So, I create a character list, a brief blurb and go from there.
- Is there a favorite place or time of day you like to write? I pretty much write when the mood strikes. In general, I write in my office or my bedroom, but I always have a notepad with me. I’ve written while being in my school classes, and at work. I don’t like to lose ideas when they present themselves.
- Do you write full time or do you have a day job as well? I’m working toward writing full time, but unfortunately I do have a mortgage to pay. Have a part time day job.
- What hobbies keep you busy when you’re not working and/or writing? I always make time to go to the movies, play video games (stress relief), and getting together with friends. Living in the Pacific Northwest of the US, I have access to hiking, kayaking or just spending time walking along the beach.
- Self-promotion is hard work, what types of promotion do you find most beneficial? This is my first novel, so I’m still learning what all to do and try. My publisher has an author loop setup, so we can ask questions and help each other.
- Can you share a random thought, or a favorite quote with your readers? If you’re passionate about something, don’t let fear or other people talk you out of doing it. Don’t ever settle. Life is too short to be miserable.
Website & other author Links:
Facebook Author Page: www.facebook.com/KTBlack26
Current WIP: Strange Magic: Spellbound Book 2